Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Day to Remember!



Today was such a special day with Ashlyn!
She is learning about Temples in her class in primary and she came up to me the other day and said "Mom have you ever been to the Temple" I told her "yes" "Can we go there? did you know that Jesus lives there? and I want to go and see him inside his house" I explained to her that only mom and dads can go inside but someday she could she then said "Well then I will just go up to the front door and yell really loud and then Jesus can come out and say hi"
Yesterday I had the opportunity to take her to the Temple! She was so reverent. There were some people working in the flower beds and they asked her if she wanted a flower from the Temple. It was such a fun thing for her she picked a Red one. As we walked around the Temple she pointed to Moroni on the top of the Temple and said mom look what a pretty princess! That one I could not convince her otherwise! She was so excited to touch the Temple! I took her inside the front doors of the Temple and sat her on a bench just inside, It was so neat because there hanging just before you go inside the Temple was a huge picture of Jesus Christ! When we got home she said "Dad I got to see Jesus in the Temple, it was a picture of him!"
It was such a special day that I pray I never forget the feeling with her as she saw Jesus in the Temple! Man our Children know so much and everything is so simple to them, if we could only be the same!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

What a special experience for Ashlyn! I'm sure she'll never forget the way she felt and now has her own precious testimony of Temples. I'm glad you got to share that together. Give Ashlyn a big hug from me! LOVE YOU GUYS!

Catherine said...

WOW!!! That is so cool!!! I know what you mean WE should be more like our kids "simple"

Jacqueline said...

Oh Ashlyn. She's such a little sweetie. I love that she knows those things already! You're such great parents!

Kyle and Janell said...

That is really cool that Ashlyn had that experience. What a cutie!

Lehigrams said...

It never ceases to amaze me at the testimonies of the little chldren in Primary. They know so much more than I ever did at that age.
Every Sunday I come home with a stronger testomony because of one of them. I am glad Ashlyn had such a desire to go there, and extra glad you took the time to take her. She will never forget it I am sure. Your a great Mom.

Keiauni said...

That's so special, and she looks so happy!!

mom o said...

I guess that you know the temple worker was Talla's mother. What an experience you had with Ashlin. As she becomes a teenager just remember her about the day and it will help her make all those choices that will come to her be right choices. She is such a sweetie and we love her as well as the rest of the family.
Love you

Jessica said...

Hey sis! You have such a sweet, special family. Joe and I are lucky to have so many loving examples to turn to when we start our family!

I also wanted to invite you to our blob. Yes, "blob." It's new-ish! haglochdiaries.blogspot.com.

Check us out! We love you bunches!